Orders for Ohm products (speakers, home theater systems, parts and upgrades) can be placed anytime using our convenient shopping cart.
Payment can be made by credit card on our secure server, or using PayPal. New York State sales tax will be applied to orders shipping to NY state.
All new speakers are hand made to order in the USA by the master artisans at our factory in Brooklyn, NY. This process takes time. Right now, we are running 4-5 months estimated lead time from the day we receive your order to the day we ship. We appreciate your patience. It will be worth the wait.
Please note that we are currently only accepting orders to ship in the U.S. contiguous 48 states and Canada. Customers in Alaska or Hawaii should place orders by phone.
International customers: please contact us for a shipping quote, since our system is not yet configured to accept orders with international shipping. We can offer you a fair shipping and handling rate to many countries directly to your door. Please note that you will also be responsible for paying inport duties and any local taxes in your area.
What happens after you order?
- You will receive two order confirmations by email. The first one is automatically generated by our website. The second is an official invoice. For orders placed over the phone, you’ll only get the official invoice.
- For orders placed online (speakers, parts, or upgrades) your credit card will be charged shortly after you place your order.
- For speaker orders placed over the phone, your credit card will be charged just before we put the veneer on the cabinet. Shipment is typically within one month of applying the veneer.
- Parts & upgrade orders usually ship within one month. Many of these need to be assembled before they can be shipped out to you. Some things need to be sent back to the factory before they can be repaired / upgraded / replaced. Please call with any questions if you are unsure whether you should send back your old parts.
- UPS will notify you by email when your order has shipped. They will provide a tracking number so you can follow the progress from our factory in Brooklyn, NY to your home.
- When you receive your speakers or parts, inspect them immediately for shipping damage and notify us by phone if there is a problem. It is our job to get you satisfactory speakers. We will repair or replace any damaged speakers at our expense and we will deal with UPS for reimbursements.
- Please retain the packaging until your Satisfaction Trial Period is over as you are responsible for getting them back to us, in new condition, if you return them for credit. If you have storage space, we recommend keeping the packaging for possible future moves.
- Set the speakers up in your room where they look the best and use them for a couple weeks while the system “breaks-in”. Move them about a bit to optimize stereo imaging and worry about balance later. The “breaking-in” is partially of the speakers and partially changing your expectation of the sound of speakers if you have always listened to traditional box speakers. Ohm Walsh speakers, like unamplified live music, do not have the “cabinet” sound that all box speakers have, including “live” music played to sound reinforcement speakers. In this respect, Ohm Walsh speakers are “better-than-live” performances and sound more like the actual artists than when the artists play in arenas!
- If you have any questions about set-up or the sound, call us at 800-783-1553. We have more experience, first and second hand, with Ohm speakers than anyone else in the universe! And, we are here to help you get the most from them possible.
- The number one instruction in setting up the speakers properly is experiment.
- If you have any issues with your speakers at any time during your Satisfaction Trial Period, call us. We can usually suggest some changes to address your issues. Sometimes we even build custom drivers to fit your needs. Over eight times out of ten, the issues are resolved to everyone’s satisfaction.